10.07.2008

I Have A Visit!

I met with the adoptive parents last Friday to talk about maybe seeing their family. They are coming for dinner this Sunday evening.

I'm pretty sure I don't know how to explain how it's been to be simultaneously so terrified and so excited. I will consider and get back to you on that one. 

It's only WEDNESDAY. I'm torn between wanting this next week to be over and wanting it to last a very long time. I have no idea what next Monday is going to be like at all - all I really have to go on is what it felt like after placement, and I'm sure that won't be ENTIRELY accurate. Right?

I have told myself I have to see them only twice - once to see what it's like the first time and again to see if it's going to be that hard every time. (I'm expecting it to be pretty hard, in case you couldn't already tell. TERRIFIED.)

I will be spending the next four days expecting the Internet to prepare me adequately. I'm sure it will fail, but I can try, right?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm excited for you!

For what it's worth, my kids' first moms tell me that their early visits were difficult emotionally, but they still wouldn't trade them for the world.

I hope it goes well--I'll be thinking about you these next four days.

mygrl said...

I can't quite understand how you must be feeling, but I can relate to you. I know the scary and excited feeling. I call them mixed feelings. I think it's great that you have this chance. Enjoy the day.